Cartography

search criteria = ALL
last person joined: yesterday 
Description
Mission
To encourage cartographic research, promote education in cartography and map use, and facilitate the exchange of ideas and information about cartography, promote interest in and correct utilization of maps and other cartographic products, promote and facilitate the cartographer's role within the geographic profession, promote and coordinate activities and directions with other professional organizations involved with cartography.

Dues
Regular: $10
Student: $2

Community Website

Chair: Thomas Pingel (Northern Illinois University, tpingel@niu.edu)
Vice Chair: Barry Kronenfeld (Eastern Illinois University, bjkronenfeld@eiu.edu)

Latest Discussion Postings

Please login to see all eligible discussion postings

Latest Shared Files

Announcements

Nominations for Cartography Specialty Group Board

Second Call for 3 Open Positions

=====================
As Past Chair (2012-2013) of the Cartography Specialty Group, I am seeking nominations for the following positions and terms of service. Email me directly ( rice@gmu.edu ) with nominations or self-nominations by March 18th, 2013. A specialty group election will be held shortly afterward.

Positions:
Vice-Chair (2013-2014)
Academic Director (2013-2015)
Student Director (2013-2014)

The Vice-Chair requires a three year term of service, serving the first year as Vice-Chair, the second year as Chair, and the third year as Past Chair. The primary responsibility of the Vice-Chair is to organize CSG-sponsored sessions at the annual meetings and to assist the Chair in interacting with the AAG and managing the specialty group.

The Academic Director must be an employee of an institution of higher education at the time of their election. He or she is responsible for organizing and managing the CSG-sponsored student paper and illustrated paper competitions and coordinating other competitions jointly sponsored by CSG and other organizations. The Academic Director serves for two years.

The Student Director serves a one year term and assists the Academic Director in managing the student illustrated paper competition, and brings student perspectives to the CSG Board.

Service to the cartography community is valuable and appreciated by the other members of the community. If you have any questions about responsibilities and duties, please email me directly (rice@gmu.edu).
Please consider nominating or self-nominating in order to help me put together a strong CSG election ballot. All eligible and willing nominees will appear on a ballot emailed to CSG members prior to the AAG Meeting in April.

CSG Officers 2012 - 2013