Disability Specialty Group

search criteria = ALL
last person joined: 3 hours ago 
Description
Mission
To foster communication among members and to encourage research, education, and service that addresses issues of disability and chronic illness. The group will provide support and advocate with disabled members of the Association while working closely with other specialty groups to promote common interests and develop intradisciplinary and interdisciplinary projects.

Dues
Regular: $4
Student: $1

Latest Discussion Postings

Please login to see all eligible discussion postings

Latest Shared Files

Re-Annoucement!!

​Dear DSG member,

You are invited to nominate a colleague or yourself to the board of the Disability Specialty Group of the AAG as a Director for the 2-year term, 2015-2017. There is only one Director vacancy.

If nominating a colleague, please do so with her or his permission. Graduate students are more than welcome to nominate or self-nominate. All current members of DSG are eligible to be on the board.

According to the DSG By-laws,
• The board has 3 Directors. Two of the three Directors are elected from the membership at-large and one is elected from the student membership.
• All Directors are elected for two-year terms and may not serve consecutive terms.

Please send in your nomination to deborah.metzel@umb.edu with a brief biographic sketch of no more than 75 words by May 31, 2015. Ballots will be sent to members of the DSG in early June and will close by June 26, 2015. The new Director will be announced by July 1, 2015.

I hope for your interest in nominating a new director and wish you a great summer.

Sincerely,

Deb M.
Chair, 2104-2016
Deborah.metzel@umb.edu

Announcements

NEW Twitter AAG Disability SG

The feed has been established as part of an ongoing specialty group directors' initiative to raise visibility for Disability Specialty Group activities and group members' achievements.

Candidate for the 2015-2017 Director vacancy; vote by June 30

Dear DSG member,

We had only one candidate for the vacant Director's position by the close of the nomination period.

Her self-nomination follows:

Hello DSG members,

My name is Sandy Wong, and I am a Geography PhD student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I am a health geographer whose interests include utilizing both spatial scientific methods and humanist approaches to understanding the causes, processes, and everyday experiences of disability. I am nominating myself for the DSG Board Member position because I want to contribute to the DSG, especially to the campaign to recruit new members and increase awareness of the DSG through social media channels. Thank you for your consideration!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Please email me your vote by June 30 at deborah.metzel@umb.edu
I have a vacation response set for my email responses, but I will be checking it several days before and on June 30.

Sincerely,

Deb Metzel
Chair, 2104-2016
Deborah.metzel@umb.edu