Biogeography

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Mission
To promote interactions between biogeographers, stimulate active research and teaching development in biogeography, and facilitate the exchange of ideas.

Dues
Regular: $10.00
Student: $5

Chair

Tony Stallins
University of Kentucky
Department of Geography
email: ja.stallins@uky.edu

Latest Discussion Posts

Please login to see all eligible discussion postings

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Latest Shared Files

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Announcements

• Join more than one AAG specialty group this year

I'm a member of several others specialty groups, including the Geomorphology Specialty Group and the Geomorphology Specialty Group. Like many of you, there's probably more than one part of geography that you consider relevant to your research and teaching. As primarily a Physical Geographer, I've seen how our field has become compartmentalized over the past couple of decades. Physical geographers are somewhat divided along lines defined by journals and through attendance at conferences like the AMS, the AGU, and the ESA. That's not necessarily bad. There are indeed topics and research questions in physical geography that are well worth taking outside of the AAG, and for many reasons, intellectual and professional. And we need those kinds of outside successes to keep geography visible. However, by strengthening our base as physical geographers, we can at least gain more unified representation within the AAG. So when you renew your AAG and specialty group memberships this year, consider adding other specialty groups affiliated with physical geography.  I've submitted requests like this one to the newsletters of the Climate Specialty Group, the Geomorphology Specialty Group, and the Paleoenvironmental Change Specialty Group. Let's support each other and bump up the numbers of AAG physical geographers, as represented terms of specialty group membership.