Dear Paleoenvironmental Change (PEC) Specialty Group!
First, please come to our Specialty Group Meeting at the upcoming AAG Meeting in DC!
Second, please send nominations for the following PEC Officers to Tim Beach (email@example.com).
1. Chair of the Paleoenvironmental Change (PEC) Specialty Group.
2. Student Representative to PEC
3. Three members for the honors committee:
one for a 2 year term,
one for a 3 years term, and
one student member
Please consider self-nominations. We need to keep up our growth and momentum in the AAG!
Third, the EC welcomes more nominations for two awards that will be given at the annual meeting in Washington, DC:
1. The Karl and Elisabeth Butzer Lifetime Achievement Award in Long-Term Environmental Change.
2017 inaugural winner: Elisabeth Butzer
2018 winner: Kam-biu Liu
2. The Ellen Mosely Thompson Award for the Best Paper in Long-Term Environmental Change
2017 inaugural winner: Ellen Mosely Thompson
2018 winners: Erika Wise and David Stahle
Please send nominations to Honors committee members Sally Horn (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Amy Hessl (email@example.com).
Nominations for best paper should include a PDF of the paper and a letter of nomination signed by one or more members of PEC (or, separate letters signed by members of PEC). Nominations for the lifetime achievement award should include a copy of the nominee's CV and two or more letters of nomination from PEC members.
Nominations should reach Sally and Amy by March 25, 2019.
All the best and see you in Washington, DC!
Tim Beach, Chair