Recreation, Tourism & Sport

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Mission
To provide a forum and to encourage research and teaching of applied and academic aspects of recreation, tourism, and sport geography.
Dues
Regular: $7
Student: $1

Chair
Jillian Rickly
The University of Nottingham
Email:jillian.rickly@nottingham.ac.uk

Latest Discussion Posts

Please login to see all eligible discussion postings

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Latest Shared Files

Either the content you're seeking doesn't exist or it requires proper authentication before viewing.

Announcements

• New RTS Board

Hi everyone,
    I am very pleased to announce the new RTS board. Michael Clancy has rotated off the board and Elizabeth Vidon will be taking his place on the Secretary and Treasurer team with Piotr Niewiadomski. Steven Ericson has joined the communications team, and considering the increasing significance of social media having three people on this team to keep us up to date and in touch makes sense. Jarkko Saarinen, with connections to the RGS-IBG, is helping to further broaden our international reach as part of the international liaisons team. And, of course, I have now taken over as Chair from Patrick Brouder. Thanks to all for their service the past couple of years!

We are still in need of a student representative, however. Please send me information for nominations for this role.

Chair: Jillian Rickly (University of Nottingham)

Secretary & Treasurer: Piotr Niewiadomski (University of Aberdeen) & Elizabeth Vidon (SUNY-ESF)

Student Representative: TBA

Communications: Mary Mostafanezhad (University of Hawai’I at Manoa), Kathleen Seal (Texas State University), & Steven Ericson (University of Alabama)

International Liaisons: Tometi Gbedema (University of California, Davis), Friedrich Zimmermann (University of Graz, Austria), & Jarkko Saarinen (University of Oulu, Finland)

Best wishes,
    Jillian