AutoCarto is the world’s premier research symposium on cartography and GIScience, with its focus on the intersection of the two. The theme, Where Next, challenges the ideas of where and next in terms of meaning, communication, visualization, and reasoning in this new age of automation, the robotic revolution, and artificial intelligence (AI). Planning for AutoCarto 2020 is well underway. Here are a few highlights of what’s to come. For further details, see the conference website: https://cartogis.org/autocarto.
- Extended abstracts (up to 1,500 words) for presentations are due January 10, 2020. For details, see:
- Preconference workshops on a variety of subjects are free to all conference registrants. Please contact workshop organizers directly to reserve your space. For details, see:
- Inspiring keynote speakers include Deirdre Dalpiaz Bishop (U.S. Census Bureau), Laura Bliss (CityLab), and Dr. Bernard Jenny (Monash University).
- Each day starts with a vision plenary with a keynote and panel from industry, government, and academia. For details, see:
- Conference registrations cover nearly all meals and include discounts for CaGIS members and new members. For details, see:
- Affordable conference lodging starts at $121.50 (double occupancy) for the three night’s lodging at the University of Redlands or $99/night at local hotels. For details, see:
- There is still time for students to apply for $750 assistantships. For details, see: