Dear RDPSG members,
I hope this message finds you well. On April 10, 2021, we had the 2021 RDPSG business meeting via zoom. At the meeting, the members have elected the 2021-2022 board members. Attached please find the meeting minutes and the election results.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Yingru and all 2020-2021 board members for their services and leadership.
Stay well and healthy! I hope to see you in New York in 2022.
The 2021 Business Meeting of the Regional Development and Planning Specialty Group
6:15pm - 7:30 pm (PDT), Apr. 10, 2021 (zoom meeting)
Host: Yingru Li
Attendance: RDPSG members
- Approve of the 2020 RDPSG business meeting minutes
- Briefing about the RDPSG Activities (2020-2021)- Yingru Li
- Announced three RDPSG Awards
- Sponsored a virtual tour of Seattle (more than 30 attendees).
- Sponsored several paper sessions and one RDPSG signature panel.
- Membership report and financial report – Yingru Li
- Announcement of the Awards – Yingru Li
- The A.K. Chakravarti Awards for Best Student Paper and Best Student Research Proposal on South Asia: Vacant
- The AK Chakravarti Award, Best Graduate Student Paper: Diala Ltief,D. student, Department of Geography and Planning, University of Toronto.
- Distinguished Service Award: Bikramaditya K. Choudhary, Assistant Professor, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- The RDPSG Emerging Scholar Award: Stephen McCauley, Associate Teaching Professor, Department of Integrative & Global Studies, Worchester Polytechnic Institute University.
- The RDPSG Best Undergraduate Student paper award: Vacant
- Election of the RDPSG Board for 2021-22
At the meeting, Member-at-large, Chair of Honors Committee, and Student Representative/Media Coordinator were elected.
The list of the 2021-2022 RDPSG Board members is the following:
Haifeng (Felix) Liao
University of Idaho
University of Wisconsin La Crosse
University of Miami
Chair of Honors Committee
Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Director of Developed/Developing Countries
Arun K. Tripathi
University of Delhi
Student Representative and Media Coordinator
- The board members of RDPSG thanked Yingru Li for her services as the Chair of RDPSG in 2020-2021
- Board members agreed that in addition to the best graduate student paper award, if there are more than 2 submissions for the 2021-2022 study paper competition, the second place or runner-up will receive a travel award of $150.
- Meeting ended with congratulating the members of the new RDPSG Secretariat Team
- Adjourned at 7:10 pm