AAG Open Forum

Call for Papers: I-GUIDE Forum, October 2023, New York City -- Harnessing the Geospatial Data Revolution for Sustainability Solutions

• 1.  Call for Papers: I-GUIDE Forum, October 2023, New York City -- Harnessing the Geospatial Data Revolution for Sustainability Solutions

Posted 06-29-2023 13:04

I-GUIDE Forum 2023: Harnessing the Geospatial Data Revolution for Sustainability Solutions

October 4-6, 2023
    Columbia University
    New York City

As part of its data-driven mission, I-GUIDE (the Institute for Geospatial Understanding through an Integrative Discovery Environment, https://i-guide.io) tackles fundamental scientific and societal challenges focused on sustainability, from climate change and biodiversity loss to food and water insecurity. 

I-GUIDE Forum is a new conference series designed to bring together domain science researchers, data scientists, cyberinfrastructure experts, and educators from across academia, government, and industry. The Forum provides a cross-disciplinary venue for sharing and promoting artificial intelligence (AI), cyberinfrastructure, and data-intensive approaches to a variety of pressing sustainability and resilience challenges the world is facing.

The I-GUIDE Forum 2023 will feature presentations and discussions about cutting-edge geospatial AI and data science advances for enabling sustainable development solutions through pushing convergence science frontiers. The themes for the Forum 2023 focus on the following four themes:

(1) Frontiers in Synergizing Convergence and Sustainability Sciences;

(2) Geospatial AI and Data Science for Sustainability;

(3) Innovation of CyberGIS and Cyberinfrastructure; and

(4) Inclusive Education, Training, and Workforce Development. 

Submission Requirements for I-GUIDE Forum 2023

I-GUIDE Forum 2023 invites short papers addressing one or more of the aforementioned themes. Each paper should not exceed six pages in the single-column publication format, including references. Short papers will be published in the proceedings of the Forum. Additionally, a set of papers will be invited for submission to special issues of multiple journals such as the Environmental Research Letters (ERL), International Journal of Geographical Information Science (IJGIS), and Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). Short Papers must be submitted through the following link: easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iguideforum2023 by July 17th, 2023. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by August 4th, 2023.

Please see the I-GUIDE Forum 2023 webpage for additional information:  https://iguide.illinois.edu/forum-2023/